Aluminum heating devices, their appearance is decent, they are not very expensive, and in terms of heat transfer they completely broke out in the lead among all heating devices. A large number of firms produce them and all of them have their own design features that you need to know. Therefore, in this article we will consider which aluminum radiators are better and compare their technical features.
Injection-type radiators have a higher cost. In their manufacture, each section is poured under pressure from an aluminum alloy - silumin. This alloy contains up to 12 percent silicon (for strength). All connections of individual elements are carried out by welding in an inert gas environment. Manufacturability makes radiators durable. Radiators of the necessary thermal power are formed from separate sections.
Section of cast aluminum radiator.
- Reliability and tightness of connections.
- Possibility of modification by adding or decreasing sections.
- Higher price.
To reduce the cost of production of aluminum radiators, the extrusion method was used to manufacture the central part. The part is not poured, but squeezed out on an extruder at elevated pressure. Then it is pressed into the upper and lower manifolds (they are cast). Often when connecting parts of the battery, composite glue is used, which makes the finished product even cheaper. The extrusion radiator cannot be disassembled.
An example of a Thermal aluminum radiator made by extrusion.
- Made from recycled aluminum, they have slightly higher heat dissipation.
- The internal volume of one section is two or one and a half times less than that of a cast radiator.
- Less weight due to the smaller thickness of the ribs.
- Low price.
- The battery cannot be taken apart for repair or alteration.
- The weak point is the connection of the collector to the section. Here, a leak can often appear. Either the adhesive will not stand, or the Teflon or rubber o-rings will wear out.
- Sometimes these radiators crackle due to temperature differences.
The best companies in this segment are Global, Sira, Ferroli. You can also call Calidor and Faral. Models of radiators, manufactured by Italian manufacturers, are distinguished by style, graceful forms and excellent finishes. The price of one section is from 350 to 700 rubles (approximately). Now about the properties.
- Heat-resistant enamel coating does not crack even from boiling water.
- The inner surface of the products is especially durable and well processed, often even has a polymer coating. This is excellent - then surely no corrosion will eat aluminum.
- Good pressure readings (16-20 bar).
Here the first place has long been firmly taken by RIFAR.Note that under license it makes some radiators, which are a complete copy of the models of the Italian manufacturer - Global. Withstanding a working pressure of up to 20 bar, they and the design are very attractive. And if you ask, which aluminum radiators are better suited to harsh Russian conditions, then you won’t have to wait for an answer. Naturally, domestic production, and more specifically - from the company RIFAR. The price of one "Rifarov" aluminum section is about 400 rubles.
The most famous and responsible manufacturers are Konner and Bilux. Their products can be called a budget option, costing 350 rubles or less (based on one section). By the way, many well-known brands sell licenses for their products to China, so today it is quite possible to buy inexpensive and very high-quality Chinese radiators. When buying them, follow two simple tips:
- Carefully study the characteristics of the radiator indicated in the passport. If they are not indicated there or if there is no passport at all, refrain from buying.
- Buy radiators only in a specialized store, and certainly not in the market. So you will have a guarantee, which may come in handy (who knows).
When buying these heating appliances, remember that any aluminum radiator, even the most “hyped” manufacturer, is afraid of high pH water. In no case should it exceed 7.5 units. Therefore, it is only worthwhile to install heating devices from aluminum if the coolant in the system meets these requirements.
* All values in the table are for 1 section and are taken from the official websites of manufacturers.
** Indicated thermal power at 70 0FROM.
|Brand, country||Model||Distance between axles, mm||Dimensions H / W / D (sections), mm||Maksim. working pressure, bar.||Thermal Power, W||The volume of water in the section,|
|GREEN HP 350
GREEN HP 500
TRIO HP 350
TRIO HP 500
|Radiatori 2000 S.p.A.
|Calidor Super 350/100
Calidor Super 500/100